Thursday, February 9, 2012

Journey to My Paradise

My hands are blue, my veins shining through like little pathways to my heart
My soul is shaky- yet calm
The sparrows sing to me- while the sun shines down and kisses my cheekbones
All I want to do is spin, twirl, and skip with my bare skin against the wind
Where wildlife will love me, and souls won't judge me

I see a place, so serene, so secret- it's in my soul
A mysterious place.
It's always warm with a cool breeze, and sunny.
I can close my eyes and feel the warmth- I see the place so vividly.
There is a stream, and I lay next to it
My feet on the warm stones that surround it, the trickling of the water squeezing through the larger boulders in the creek
It is beautiful
The grass is pure vert, and soft.
It tickles my skin as I lay on my back and watch the Earth spin ever so slowly
The clouds dance to the songs of the wind, and the birds chase after one another in hopes of finding a lover
for the spring.

A familiar face joins me
Her eyes so deep, her soul so pure
Warm familiar eyes- holding love and comfort
She lies next to me and takes my hand in hers
Fair skin, freckles cover her face when the sun kisses it

My version of paradise,
warmth.

Yet my hands are still chilled- but in a few moments her warmth will remind me where home is.
Home is with her, and I shall be reminded of it every time I gaze into her eyes
She is my paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment