Sunday, April 28, 2013

Remember When

Remember how we said we'd ditch this place?
Our friends would talk, but we'd throw it in their face.
We were going to make it, bigger than they know.
Now I'm here making our dreams a reality, flying solo.

Traveling the world, claiming the riches in life,
not money or power, but beautiful sights.

You're off somewhere working endless days,
to provide for her, and your kid with grace.
I admire your strength, and determination- but now you're stuck, while I'm soaring,
and endless convention.

I stumbled upon, a love more pure than a pearl,
cut like a diamond, shimmering gold.
Her dreams are big, and visions wide-
 She loves me wholely, no doubts in her eyes.

So here I go, leaving this small town,
I'll be but a memory, of all those around.
When my name is known all across the land,
They'll say "Remember that girl? With her silly plans?"

And hopefully you'll see and I hope you regret,
that day that you said our ends have met.
I understand that I initiated it all,
however friendship grew, and you made it fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment