Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A day from hell

Wake up late.
Hit snooze three too many times.
Look in the mirror,
Bag under eyes.

Under the sink,
No dry shampoo,
Too late to rewash my hair.
A bun will do.

Barefoot tip toeing to the kitchen,
Maybe coffee will help.
But instead an empty canister sneers at my tired eyes.

Packing lunch...
A banana and...?
Left over vegetarian "chikn" nuggets?
Like a child, I just laugh.

Cats trip and toy at my feet as I rush.
Mascara will have to do...
Door locked.

Warm desert breeze soothes me,
"Eh it could be worse"
Car door opens, key in ignition and
Empty.

Fuck.

Closest gas station,
Closed,
Next one ten minutes out of the way.
Late
But... c'est la vie.


Still no coffee,
Hot mess,
Day becomes a whirlwind of chaos.

Finally home.
Realizing I need to go to the grocery store.
Off I go in flip flops and sweats.
Still waiting for 2 phone calls to be returned,
But they aren't.

On my way down an aisle.
My flip flop breaks.
I laugh...
Almost hysterically.
This has been my day.

But somehow I've been lighthearted,
Is this growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment