Sunday, October 27, 2019

What Would I Say?

What would I say to you?
What would I say to you if you came to me with the same struggles and same woes?
Would I just hold you as you cried?
Would I just catch your body as it went limp?
Would I whisper to you that "It's OK" ?
Would I simply come up with some divine, spiritual, reason as to why your life is simply unfair?
And would it make sense?
Would you believe me, with eager eyes?
Those eyes that were so hungry for life, but just a little lost along the way?
Would I tell you again the importance of family and love, and how it's OK that not everyone is perfect,
Because we are so beautifully flawed.
Would I tell you to be patient,
And teach you the art of acceptance?
Would I teach you all the things I was still in the process of learning, because I knew your soul could master them too?
What would my words be?
How would they be spoken?
Would they be kind, insightful,  softly spoken, but woven with stern boundaries?
This I do know:
I'd tell you it's OK to cry and to feel.
I'd tell you it's OK to be confused, angry and upset.
And I'd tell you: to find comfort in knowing the universe has a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment