Friday, October 25, 2019

Dear Luke

A sort of emptiness fills my soul.
I see you,
I hear you,
But you are gone.
I reread words exchanged.
I replay victories made.
But this anxiety still fills my chest all the same.
Heart racing, lungs aching as they gasp for breath.
But in my heart and soul I know, that you are where you need to be.
Our conversations about life, death, and rebirth confirmed that for me.
But it is still hard to find comfort in this empty space, that was once held by you.

I know your lessons in this lifetime have been learned and mastered,
I'm sure the lifetime's to come will be filled with pure love and joy.
But I can't shake this feeling.

So often we chart time in years, dates, and numbers... but what really is life made of?
Lessons learned, love earned, smiles sparked...
You taught me so much, whether you knew it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment