Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Cassiopeia Delusions

 Floating, detaching from my physical being, to simply go wherever your soul will take me.

Which realm will we explore tonight? 

Will we get lost in the vast galaxies of our angelic ancestors?

Maybe dance among the many moons?

They say our heads are in the clouds, but I'm not ready to have my feet back on the ground. 

Let's watch the sun set, behind the moon, while eating popcorn on Mars.

Catch a comet, with our bare hands, and keep it in a jar. 

Can you see the shimmering lights, from the cities on the planet we call Home?

How they sparkle like stardust, 

A mirage of the unknown.

Let's befriend the Sirians, I bet we'd learn a thing or two,

Maybe drink some galaxies, buzzing on their mysteries

Would you get lost with me in a black hole, only to discover we were right where we were supposed to be?

I'd explore the constellations, jumping from Orien's belt with you...taking your hand, and kissing you hard the second we'd land on Cassiopeia.

But you ground me, take me back, to Earth 

Pull me down into your bed, and hold me tight,

As the moon shines through your bedroom window, 

Telling me it was all just a dream...

But I smile, knowing it was a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment