Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Traveling Laughter

Captivated by this peace that surrounds me,
Like a shell protecting a yolk.
I can't see it,
But its presence is overwhelmingly beautiful.

I climb into a chamber of love,
The walls are sturdy,
Sunshine warms me.

My heart dances to its own beat,
Occasionally skipping one.
Those are the times I feel it...
When it stops.

It's blissful and leaves me inquiring,
Searching,
Learning,
Discovering.

Like a curious child roaming through wilderness.
Touching, feeling, embracing the wild bark and thorns she encounters.
Scents of new beginnings fill her lungs,
Sights of detail captivate her eyes.

Scraggly long blonde curls,
Catching on tress branches,
And she twirled,
Face to the sky.

Her toes sink into mud,
As she let's nature paint a picture on her soles.
Creating just one of many stories on her flesh.
She giggles,  and the wind takes the sound from her lips.
To the ears of somebody far away.
Far away in the physical world,
But always close.

No comments:

Post a Comment