Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Fay

A light surrounds me.
My heart flutters its wings.
I see darkness ahead, and gear up.

Power and light dance through my fingertips
A fiery solstice on the rise.
An eclipse on the horizon.

I lay among the clouds and watch the humans bustle below me.
I play with their hair,
Touch their freckled faces.
Gaze into their eyes,
All to receive a blank stare back.
They look right through me,
As if I am a ghostly image of their past.

I can't help but smile at their blissful ignorance.
I am somehow intrigued,
As if I have the power to unlock their abilities.
Somewhere, I hold the key.

I beg to dance with them,
To know their insecurities and instabilities.
But I am simply Fay.
I cannot possibly understand their mildly complex minds.
As I think much deeper than they.

My chest rises and falls,
This shell of a body encases my entrancing spirit.
Some call it mythical... some call it magical,
I call it supernatural...
Spiritual.

So much deeper than the surface.
Born into the universe, among the stars.
An achiever.
A charmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment