Monday, May 1, 2017

Afterthought

A whirlwind,
In and out
Tossling my curls.
A quick not-so authentic kiss.
And gone again.

You'd think I'd get used to this loneliness,
This empty space,
The waves of hopeless thoughts and emotions.
But this empty space continues to feel cold.

I crave the sun,
Desire her warmth,
But I can't help but notice the low laying... suffocating... humid clouds.

Near but far,
Here, yet I still lay alone, naked, in this empty bed.

Watch me chase the sun.
Blinded by its beauty,
Ignorantly oblivious to the damage she causes.
Simply careless to the damage,
Because her warmth is comforting enough to forget.

Let her burn me as I sleep.
Let her cancerous grip choke my young body.
Let her consume me...
As long as I'll be fucking happy.

I feel my heart trying to break free from
It's cage made of ribs.
Fragile, yet restricting little bones.

Half tempted to reach in,
Rip it out,
And set it free.

No comments:

Post a Comment