Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January 4, 2021 +24 Hours

 What a day...

Where are my words? 

Lost to the wind, as my breath escapes my lips.

As my heart escapes my chest.

My eyes sore and tired...

Body feeling frail and weak.

Stomach in knots.

I woke up exactly 24 hours after you passed, after a few, restless hours of a nonexistent dream state. 

The time, cast on the TV, as if she is haunting me. As if you are haunting me... because you're lonely. 

And here I am , wide awake- keeping you company, while I'm left alone. 

The greatest love I've known in my life, stripped away.

So

Damn

Fast.

My words don't work, my head is so loud, but filled with the static of white noise...

Scratching at its walls- creating a symphony of pain and heartache. 

Unreal.

Surreal.

So

Damn

Real.

I promised you unconditional love, and unconditional love, you shall receive. 

All I ever wanted was to give you health, give you enough reason to live... give you love (but the healthy kind, none of that toxic shit).

Where are you? 

Where have you danced away to?

I keep grasping to feel you near me, but end up with fists full of empty air.

I forgive you.

I love you.

I love you so damn much.

Mom, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment