Thursday, January 21, 2021

No Sleep

 Can't sleep.

All I see is your face. 

All I hear is your voice.

All I crave is your touch.

Your warm embrace, that reminded me that everything would be OK.

Your words of comfort when I was lost.

No words I read or hear, can fill this aching hole in my chest.


My heart seems missing.

I've tried to calm the deafening silence, to no avail. 


I grasp at air, trying to hold onto the sound of your voice...

While gasping for air, to feed my tattered, tired, traumatized lungs.

Heat physically manifests in my body as it tries to muster up the strength to carry on... moment by moment , day by day.

I have never known a heartache so strong. I have never felt an emptiness so deep... and yet, I've had the most fierce hunger for life and adventure, that I've ever had.

Guide me.

Please guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment