Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Soft Landing

 Do you ever just reel in manic bliss,

After back to back moments of love and adventure? 

Anticipating the next hit, of this delicious, delusional, yet very real, drug?

I want the whole world to know exactly what I'm feeling.

How I'm buzzing with anticipation, 

How I'm willfully falling off the deep end, with no bottom in sight.

How I'm trusting the fall, because at the end of my life, this journey, will have been one of the most beautiful. 

Head in the clouds, yet, ever so in touch with my body, my emotions, my deepest desires.

This drug,

One I refuse to believe is bad for me,

has given me life, laughter, and passion.

It's as if my soul has been awakened, my fire, reignited.

Its grip is kind and gentle, yet firm. I feel safe.

Here I go,

Stepping into the unknown,

But for some reason, it's as if I do know.

Like my heart has been here before. 

So I take the key, unlock that door, and spiral down the most beautiful rabbit hole I've discovered. 

Sipping whiskey as I float down,

To what I know will be a soft landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment