Saturday, October 21, 2017

Hazelnut Chills

A warm aroma of hazelnut fills the air,
It is early,
The sun peeks through half opened blinds.
Her rays bounce off the white walls creating an illusion of space.

Wide
Open
Space

I lift a piece of art,
Hand crafted, to my lips and inhale.
The scents arouse my senses.
The heat radiating from my coffee warms my cheeks and nose.

Pressed against my lips, I take my first sip.
Chills are painted on my entire body,
My emerald eyes close softly and I take in this simple moment.

For just a moment the world melts away and I focus on the sensation and chills that have encompassed me.

It reminds me of the time our bodies first met.
I touched your face, traced your lips with my finger tips
And instantly...
Your soft porcelain skin was covered in thousands of tiny bumps,
I smiled because I could tell nobody had ever touched you this gently before.

And this first sip,
Brings me a memory,
Encased in warm, quiet release.

Hazelnut chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment