Saturday, October 14, 2017

Misunderstanding

Openness
I tear my heart out of my chest,
Hold it beating in front of you.
It is yours,
It bleeds red.

Words flow,
Emotions spilled,
Honesty given...
But words twisted,
Unsure of how you hear it.

My lips and mind race in unison,
Trying to unveil these underlying emotions
But you are blinded by societal norms.
I cry.

Your anxiety and disgust build inside,
Unsure why...
Mascara soaked tears leave my eyes...

I try to elaborate,
Try to litigate,
Still you see our fate crumbling.

But I see the world through open eyes,
An open soul,
Peace and love...
It spills,
It overflows.

Just wish you would listen...
Like...
Truly listen,
And not be fearful of the unknown.
Because you have my heart and soul...
And in this universe,
That's all one needs to feel the flow,
Of true love,
Of one love...


Of OUR love.

No comments:

Post a Comment