Wednesday, September 2, 2020

A Daughter's Love

 Today I smiled,

Even though I hurt. 

Even though the weight of the world felt unbearable, because my pain and my burdens are my own to bear.

Even when the butterflies in my chest felt like they were made of shards of glass... 

Today the sun shined,

And the world kept turning...

Imagine that. 

So I danced like a fool, and sang at the top of my lungs... just to soothe what I could. 

Today I spoke words to friends, only to hear them echo back. 

As if I was singing a song in a canyon, lost, and only hearing my voice...

Giving me a false sense of guidance.

Tonight I lay,

Under the stars, the full moon, the warm desert sky. And I pray...

To God, Goddess, and the Universe... simply to protect you. Because a daughter's love never dies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment