Wednesday, April 17, 2024

On the outside

 On the outside looking in,

Veil to reality, razor thin.

I see my hands work and greet,

My legs they move, as do my feet.


My eyes they scan, their worn out faces,

My ears they listen, pointless phrases,

My nose it smells the summer air,

My tongue it tastes, a juicy pear


But I'm still here...


On the outside looking in,

My human form, has softer skin,

My mind it races, heart skips paces,

Lost in realms stuck in war phases.


The bombs they drop,

The tears they weep,

The screams they cry,

Their cracked bare feet...

The dead they whisper, looking in,

"This world has rendered awful sins." 


But we're still here...

No wonder...


I'm on the outside looking in, 

Can't catch my breath,

Must sink or swim...

My body's numb,

My thoughts wear thin... 

I watch myself, 

The depths of grim.


No comments:

Post a Comment