Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Concrete

Glass, shattered everywhere.
Sounds and lights seemingly going in slow motion after impact.
Screams of two others.
One in the passenger seat- seat belt on.
The other, in the back seat, not strapped in.
Not a single scream from my mouth.
Silence.
I felt peace,
As colors of blue and black spun around me,
As screeching and screams merged into one symphonic sound.
Passing headlights leaving beautiful streams of light,
Painting my vision like a galaxy.
Airbag deployed,
Face hitting the steering wheel.
Putting my arm up to stop the person in the back from flying forward,
Unsure if it worked.
Concrete.
We hit a concrete barrier,
After swerving,
After them telling me to pull over,
They could tell I was tired.
But I could barely hear them.
I was so caught up in my selfish thought, and self pity.
The sound of the rumble strips,
Didn't snap me out of my daze.
Concrete.

I woke up.
Not panicking,
Slowly breathing.
Not afraid in the slightest.
It was all so real...
It felt so fucking real.
Why couldn't it have been real?
I was ready to meet my maker,
I was ready to be reborn...
But instead,
Here I am.
Lying naked,
In this bed,
That is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment