Monday, May 2, 2016

Dedication

"Take a moment to set an intention... Dedicate your practice to something tonight... Even if it's something simple... Set an intention."
I smirked,
My cheeks perked up, as I knowingly went to my mat with an intention this evening.

"Focus on your breath, the inhale and exhale. Just acknowledge it, it may not be even yet, it may be choppy. The inhale might be longer than the exhale, or visa versa. That's OK for now, just acknowledge the breath."

Shallow, choppy, certainly not equal in length.
But I knew it would change.
I let it be, and acknowledged the imperfections.

"Now that you've found your breath, try to match the inhale to the length of your exhale"

And that is where I got lost in my practice,
So beautifully lost in the simplicity of my breath,
Of the familiar faces that surround me each week,
Of the serene, yet seductive voice of my yoga instructor.

She has big eyes,
Just like yours,
Dark hair,
Seemingly curious fire in her soul.

My eyes remaind closed for the remainder of the class.
One hour and fifteen minutes of pure,
Uninhibited, breath.

My twists,
My binds,
The pounding of my heart in an empty ribcage,
My deep, now meaningful, breathing.

Before I know it,
I'm laying on my back,
Palms facing the Heavens,
Heart open to the universe and her undying love.

There's that smile again,
The one that perked up in the beginning of tonight's practice.
I dedicated my practice tonight to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment