Saturday, March 14, 2020

Berries and a Dream

You walk into my kitchen and I start frantically picking things up and putting them where they belong. 
You open the fridge and pull out a carton of berries and start placing them in your mouth. 
You continue to browse the shelves of my relatively empty fridge. 
"You must be starving," I say, not sure of what I can offer you other than some green beans and vegetarian sausage 
"Yeah, I am pretty hungry," you take exactly those two items out.
I reach for a pan out of the dishwasher, and place it on the stove. 
As I reach for the green beans, 
You grab my wrist gently and turn me towards you. You give me this look as if i need to slow down and drop into the moment. 
I inhale, pause, exhale smile.
Your eyes are comforting and inviting. 
You gently touch my lips and slowly turn back to the carton of berries. 
You feed me one. 
It is the perfect balance of sweetness and tart. 
You then feed me a gentle kiss, as you pull me in by my hips. 

The moment our lips touch, I wake.
Surrounded by four white walls, so familiar, yet haunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment