Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Bloom Again

There is something magical about when it rains in the desert.
The air feels cool,
The ground opens up,
And every living being rejoices.

Moods lighten,
And the moisture in the air feels like gentle kisses on your skin.
The kind that give you goosebumps.

As the rain falls,
I can't help but feel pulled outside.
Face turned skyward,
Eyes closed,
Letting the desert rain wash away all of my pain, insecurities, and doubt.

I feel this spark arising in my soul,
Ignited by each raindrop that falls on my face.

I have the urge to dance barefoot,
Splashing in the unexpecting puddles, alongside the wild cacti.

I hear the grackles and doves sing their praises in unison,
I see the hummingbirds pause for a moment to bathe in the natural formed baths.

All that is the desert aligns, and is calm.

When this time space reality is quenched,
It feels as if all will bloom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment