Thursday, July 27, 2023

Shards of Sand

 Here we are again,

This state of manic-depression that I'm in.

The mania tastes so sweet, that I continue to chase her high. 

Just when I thought my waves have stilled,

You come crashing in,

And I gladly take a deep breath, of the salty ocean air.


It's like I'm lost floating, 

The waves take me out further, 

Undertow currents break me down-

Knowing that it's dangerous, I close my eyes and let go. 


Here I am again,

Chasing the high of her words.

Chasing the high of her love.

Chasing the high within, that my body craves so much. 

Falling addicted again, it's the same song and dance- 

A familiar poison that I grasp-

Sliding through my fingers like sand,

But cutting like glass.


I watch and wince and wonder

Starry eyed - painted by the moonlight. 

Transporting to another realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment