Saturday, July 29, 2023

Within

 Dipping into a danger zone,

I've been cautioned,

But I can't let go. 

Playing with fire, is all that I know. 


Burned once, "I'm fine"

Burned twice, "I'm good"

Burned more than three times, makes me wish that I could...

Just shake you- wake you,

Destory the sorrow that breaks you.


But life laughs at my attemps,

Pricks my heart with pins & needles of care and desire. 

Painfully trying to swallow my lack of control.


 " Little girl, don't you know?

That I rule you. Bow down, as I fool you." 

The devil's laughter rings loud. 


But I suit up my armor,

Grab my Scandinavian sword,

Sing the song of the sirens-

And charge full force


Until,

I wake up.

I'm bound

To this human experience...

This life on earth. 

This hellscape we live in. 


And I'm a powerless human once again...

My ancestors quake at my thoughts

Knowing full well,

My power lies within.

No comments:

Post a Comment