Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Illusions


I turned around,
the sound of the subway now behind me
simple people lost in their lives,
Time is of the escence.
Hushing, Shuffling, Brushing
past eachother.
Routine.
Go here, this way-by now.
Robots in a mechanical scheme to donate
propriotary information
Or something of the sort.
Launching from their lives, and minds lacking molding-
just following the man.
Yet,
Here I stand-
the subway behind me,
their voices- white noise.
And I blink.
For a moment my vision focuses.
A stairway stares me in the eyes.
Head on, not blinking back- yet calling my name.
I feel a sense of warmth.
Calm, serene, breaths take over me.
I place my right foot gently on the ground in front of my left.
Heel, toe.
I long to climb these stairs, for I have never
encountered them before.
Were they here last time I passed through
this station
of dark, demise?
I fear not.
I blink again.
Gone.
They have vanished;;
Maybe if I blink just one more time I will have the chance again to climb them
I will find them again.
People rush by me, I fall back into the mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment