Thursday, March 8, 2012

Zen

I sit,
back straight- legs looking like a pretzel.
Eyes closed.
The backs of my eye lids are dimly lit up by the flicker of two flames on their side of me.
I take a deep breath in, and relax for a few moments (although I hesitate)
The smell is of sweet lavender and vanilla
Burning from an incent.
I slow my breathing, still my breathing, and focus on each simple inhale and exhale.
"Life is Good." I whisper to myself
I have to remind myself why I am here
I reminisce on my mistakes and vow to never make them again.
I am a work in progress- slowly but surely I change- for the better
By May 1st I vow to be a different person.
"Positive thoughts, baby, just think positive thoughts" - I cringe as images flash through my memory like the sweetest of all poisons.
I promise the Goddess of my time to change-
it is her that I will change for, and him who I will hold as her equivalent 
I am changing to re-live the way of life I used to live years ago-
Back to my Zen ways,
for Zen and practice bring Karma in the most positive pure form
Worldly things are left at the beginning of the journey- and your past is no longer discussable.
*One more breath in, and one more out*
I just hope I don't fall back into relying on my addiction for my zen state of mind

No comments:

Post a Comment