Sunday, August 9, 2015

Coffee, Mosquitoes, and Star Gazing.

Crickets are chirping,
Car wheels squealing,
People honking.

Neighbors fighting,
Cicadas chatting,
My mind racing.

It's weird you know,
All of these little noises, majority of people tune out.
They become white noise, in the chaos of our lives.

Coffee, darker than usual,
I wanted it rough.
Stars illuminating the suburban sky.
The city so close, I can almost see lights.

A sleepless night ahead,
A midnight walk?
I shouldn't.
I wouldn't.
I will.

Mosquitoes feeding on my bronzed skin as I write,
I let them.
All of God's creatures need to feed,
Right?

There is a breeze, it is similar
To a time years ago,
Where I was under the stars, and certainly not alone.

I lay on this rooftop,
Close my eyes, let my Chakras align.
...Or try.

Wishing the ocean was a tad closer,
I'd drive to the beach...
Lay in the sand,
Meet with seagulls, and crabs
...Shake nature's hand.

She's beautiful,
She gives.
She is warm in her touch.
She breeds life, and inahles death.
Mother Earth.

So what am I writing?
Or why do I think,
That others care dearly what's raging inside of me?

I make friends with mosquitoes
While drinking coffee , near black.
While gazing at stars...
...and searching.

The man on the moon,
Venus or Mars.
Meeting, but one,
Would be breathtaking.




No comments:

Post a Comment