Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sea Sick

And here we are again,
Caught in a realm of thick and thin.
Two, but one...
Separate, but somehow intertwined.

We're lost at sea again,
The compass,  our oldest friend.
But stars guide us more than we want,
As we are drawn in by their beauty and light.

My dear we're lost at sea.
Surrounded by darkness,
Created by light.

Guided by a compass,
Following the stars.

I've lost my mind again,
More losing than I win.
I can't explain these waves,
It's all a whirling wind.

I'm out of breath from running,
So resting where I stand.

I let the waves engulf me,
Fighting within my soul.
But physically I'm drained, at best.
I'm learning to be Whole.

The waves they make me nauseous, for all I want is light.
The night consumes my olive skin,
Still putting up a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment