Monday, August 3, 2015

All I See Is White

"Take these pills," they said.
"They'll make you happy," they said.
"The pain will disappear, and the skies will become clear."

Ingesting to accept, to embrace, it seems to mask, to take sanity's place.
I just want to wander into the night, let the darkness consume me,
Dance with my demons.

I want to skip, and spin under the moonlit sky, under Mars, and make Venus jealous.
I wanna run, until my legs collapse.

I was stricken with confusion once again, and why?
Why can't love be simple? Why can't life be eternal? Why can't experiences be open?

They can be.
But we choose to think too hard before acting, for fear or being punished,
Fear of repercussions.

But in reality, is what makes us happy in the moment worth it in the long run?
Will we look back on our death beds and wish we did something different?
I don't want to live my life like that.
I want to be regret free.
Honestly, I am at the moment- but will I continue to be?

I look for answers at the bottom of this bottle...
Pop
Pop
Pop

But all I see is White.

No comments:

Post a Comment