Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Daughter

I woke up, tears of joy.
Closing my eyes, to relive her beautiful face.
My daughter.

I was in my mid-late thirties,
Back to my blonde hair, in a summer dress.
I was looking for something.
I had toyed with the idea of adoption my whole life, and I figured I'd see what was out there.
I couldn't pick a child, a child had to pick me.

I arrived at an orphanage.
The head of the house was showing me babies and toddlers,
All adorable,
But none were "my child"

I saw a little girl sitting in a corner, quietly playing with a doll.
She was beautiful, she seems at peace.
Her locks of red hair fell around her face, the curls were perfect ringlets .
Her eyes were piercing blue, and she was kissed with freckles on her cheeks.
She was about 7 or 8.

I slowly walked over, as the woman proceeded to talk about the younger children.
"Are you waiting for new parents?"
I asked politely as I knelt down next to her.
Her eyes fixated on the doll, she replied,
"Just a mommy would be nice,"
I smiled,
"What about two mommies?"
She looked up at me with excitement, her eyes lit up like the Summer sky,
"Even better!"

My heart melted,
I woke up,
Tears of joy running down my face,
Nervous for the responsibility, anxious to meet her someday.
I truly think I just met my future daughter.

8/16/2015 roughly 8am

No comments:

Post a Comment