Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Late Night Drive

Last night I sat with her,
Staring into her dark, somber eyes.
"When is love not enough?" She asked.
I sat silent, my heart softened.
She was sincere but thought that her question was the answer.

"When is sacrificing your happiness enough? When is your sanity enough? Do you want to live your life... What is left of it, like this? You deserve to be happy. The happiest you can be, and this is not your potential."

She sat there quiet at first, "You're right."

"Let's go."
"Where?" She inquired.
"Anywhere." I whispered.

So that's exactly what we did.
She tried to justify, to make excuses, to reassure herself- but she wasn't fooling me.

I want to see her happy.
The way she is when she is Herself. Her True Self

I want her to chase the sunrise and sunset without second guessing. I want her to chase her dreams without feeling guilty. I want her to see the world, without feeling held back. She deserves the universe and more.

"What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?" I questioned
Her response negative.
"And the last thing you think of before you go to sleep?" I pressed
Negative.

I sat there with her as the cool fall breeze swept through the car.
I explained how she should be positive like I know she is. How she should surround herself with positive people.

I want her to be Her.

Be you.

Love YOURSELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment