Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Round & Round

So I stare at the empty bottle in my medicine cabinet,
Questioning if I need more or not.
I've felt clear minded for a month or two now,
And have seen beauty in all lately.
Is it the drugs,
Or my realm of consciousness?

I dream of reality before it happens,
But when you ask me of my future I claim I do not know.
You scare me, but you love me-
Which makes it hard to show,
The real, true me.

I've distanced for fear of hurting you,
Letting you down, more than I have.
For fear of losing myself in you,
You should probably know that.

I drown myself in euphoria,
And inhale its heavy air.
Suffocating in my shadows,
But getting lost in my light.

Life is never fair.
But when the time is right,
There is no doubt in my mind.
That peace will be found, love will be bound,
The world doesn't stop,
She continues to go 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment