Monday, September 28, 2015

Moon's Shine

The clouds parted as I laid on my roof
Shorts and a hoodie,
Goosebumps forming on my bare legs.
A breeze swept up under my Hoodie and graced my breasts.

I looked into the sky, and the moon was nearly in full shadow,
A red hue blanketed her.

I heard laughter from below,
And smelled the aroma of marijuana from the teens watching the eclipse on the sidewalk beneath me.

I smirked.
I was alone, but surrounded by the universe
I felt loved and cared for in this moment.
The universe has showed me nothing but love and compassion.

Although the sky was dark,
It would soon be illuminated in beautiful form.
I couldn't explain the tingling feeling that took over my physical being.
I felt connected.
For hours.

To the Moon.
And her beauty and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment