Thursday, September 17, 2015

Just Going

Time stops,
I'm frozen in the warmth of a hot autumn sun.
Barefoot and laying my clothed body in the cool grass,
Wishing I was naked.

I sit here and think about my past life,
My future life,
I'd like to think they exist, for one life is too short.

A short breeze tricks me into thinking it'll stay,
It whispers "A journey is ahead."

I think of how far I can go,
How far I will push myself,
How lost my gypsy soul will allow me to get.

I smirk at the idea of just getting in my car, on a plane, or a train and just
Going.

I whisper to the cloudless, blue sky
"Let my sickness sink in"
For the past few weeks I'm sick of my skin.

Vulnerable I lay,
In a cemetery, in the company of the dead.
They dance around me,
I listen.

The wind picks up, and my time is nearly impossible to find and keep.
Slipping through my fingers.

I melt under the sun's enticing rays,
And let the universe consume me.

I might find myself at a castle today,
A fortress,
My place.

No comments:

Post a Comment