Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Childlike.

Iridescent memories, skewed by self reflection
The younger me screams out,
Addicted to the chaos,
Addicted to the night life, the poison she knew all too well.

I tiptoe through my thoughts,
These blurred memories.
Cold, drunken nights
Foolish, young, naivety.

Sometimes I crave her,
The girl I used to be-
Lost, tattered, and wild.

But then I stop,
Even just for a moment,
and realize...
I am still wild.

My soul is free,
My demons have escaped me,
Even if for the time being.
My spirit runs rampant through the mountains,
The stars, and across the universe.

And as I spin under the night sky,
A blanket of stars overhead,
I become dizzy...
I fall
On a blanket of cool grass,
On top of a familiar hill...

I breathe in the cool late fall air.
It is crisp,
I am alone,
But not in spirit... Not in true, twin flame fashion.

And then and there,
I realize,
I am still Alive.
Alive and Childlike in the most innocent,
Yet, Naive ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment