Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Future

A daughter  should never feel like this,
Shaken,
Anxious ,
Helpless...

I lay here in my bed,
Trying to control these breaths ,
Yet
    they
    are
S
   t
A
     g
G
  e
R
       e
 d.

I crave what normal feels like.
Today I faught back tears hearing somebody say,
"My sister and I have Sunday dinner every week together"
My family traditions ,  lost.
I could create new ones,
But by the end of this year, my whole family will literally be
S
   c
A
  t
       t
E
   r
        e
   d

Across the US.
I tell myself,
I am greater than this notion of family and normality ,
The universe has meant something much deeper for me...

But here i am,
Living in the future,
As my mother drives down,
Arriving here at 2am...
With only her dreams.
I am undeniably horrified.


No comments:

Post a Comment