Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lost

How do you save somebody that's lost- do you shout their name, bribe them, or play their game?
She's so young and mistaken,
her ideals still questionable...
Do I jump down the well to struggle saving her when all she wants to do is drown?
...what if she drowns me in the process? Is that selfish?

I want to breathe life into her- make her see-
unblind her from life's realities

She's so lost- and must be found, before it's too late
-she's nearly drowned.

Our blood runs thick- yet the distance grows wide
I don't want to see my little sister die...

So Lord if you hear me out... just once more,
I'm calling on you to bring her to shore.

Faith is what's guiding me now- not too sure if I'll ever back down.
Let her see the light, and that life can be better,
so sure that I know this- from now 'till forever.

My heart is sunken- a lullaby dull.
Lord please save my sister... she means more to me than she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment