Tuesday, December 18, 2012

2,270 Miles 33 Hours

I am slowly decaying,
From the inside out.
My mind wanders through the dark,
and the Valley of the Shadow of Death.
I fear the evil,
that lurks behind me.
For soon enough,
Thou won't be with me.

Winter months remain the darkest,
I question my own strength.
My mind tells me in whispers of trickery,
that I am not strong enough to break this wake,
While my heart screams strength from the depths of my soul,
Deep down, I know I'm not weak.

Each mile represents a measurement of my love,
Each hour screams a lifetime- I wish to spend with you.
I can only hope that I don't slip your memory.
Forever I'll be true.

I swear with each breath that fills my fragile lungs,
You are the love of my life,
The one I searched for, now I'm done.

Because I am yours, and you are mine until the very end,
You are the best thing that has ever happened,
my lover, my best friend.

Demise might sneak upon us,
In our seperated dreams,
but each day that passes, is a day closer to our reunited schemes.

My life without you was a mess,
and now it's beautiful chaos,
With the oddest sense of order.

Our love is sewn in fields of dust, breaking shale beneath,
For our love grows when the odds are against us,
in similarities of the Joshua Tree.
Strong and beautiful, with sunlight blaring, and water traveling miles.
I'll hold your photo dear to me, until the next time I see your smile.

My love was lost, but now it's found,
A memory that will grow.
The silly little miles,
Nobody will ever seem to know
how fond we are of each other,
as they watch our true love grow.

The nights will pass the moon will peek,
on me first every night...
I'll whisper to her softly "Kiss my beautiful girl for me, and let her wings take flight"
She'lll travel through the miles
All two thousand twohundred and seventy of them,
To kiss you as you rest your eyes
while wrapping you in my warm embrace.

The spring will come before we know it,
the ground will thaw
and dew will glisten, in the morning sun.
You'll be back home, where you belong,
Our life has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment