Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 5

On the fifth day,
God created the creatures of the land, skies, and seas.
Mankind was still non-existent.
Here I am,
Day five with no sleep.
Inexplicably lying here in my bed.
Nothing created, except fantasies in my head.

I am falling into the rabbit hole that we often call insomnia...
What I'd give for a fix of The Pill.
A drug.
Any drug.
Your drug.

How is it that I can lie here,
watch the sun rise on my own,
craving the heat from a soul, which is not my own.

Each and every morning I rub my eyes with twinkles of the past,
and the moment that lingers in a facade-like mist... fog.

The body is not meant to function for days on end,
yet mine refuses to shut down into a slumber.
I beg and a plead for the grace of God to grant me sleep.
Am I being punished?
I can't help but think it is possible.
For the wrongs that I've done,
yet I wonder if the punishment is mutual.

Hallucinating visions of the future-past.
Colors and songs seem to dance in front of my visage.
Streaming, gleaming,
rain falls over my body.

Water.
Droplets forming on my bare skin as I lay here,
motionless, yet unable to rest.
Restless.

A theory as to why my mind refuses refuge and peace?
Day 5.

Day 5 was the day that I knew I'd corrupt you,
That you'd hurt me,
That I'd hurt you.
That a story would be made.

Day 5 was the day that I knew I was in love with her.
Day 5 was the day that my life would change,
But I'd never forget my first Day 5.
Because my first day 5 would change my view on life.
An angel was created.
The creatures were breathed life.

Maybe God didn't sleep until day 7...

No comments:

Post a Comment