Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ramble

Laying here,
Pink fuzzy robe, heat blaring, silence gracing the room.
Nothing but bare skin and booty shorts underneath this robe and the blankets on top of me.
Hair is tied up in a messy bun,
Sleep failed to exist last night-
and my hours dwindle before I am back at work.

Knowingly the hours at work will be short tonight,
no later than 10:30 or eleven.
A solo movie perhaps? To clear my mind.
Depending on the times and location.
It could be the perfect thing.

Sweedish fish and some popcorn,
A diet soda,
and solidarity.

Moments alone to clear my mind.

Until then, I will struggle to my shower and allow the heat blaze on my bare back,
Leaving streaks of red and white contrasting like a painting done by an artist,
aching in the night.

Temptation calls my name from my medicine cabinet,
From the valley,
and from the deepest depths of my soul.

I'l feed it with diet pills, caffeine and metaphoric writing
that stains my head with ridiculous mind shattering thoughts.
Ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment