Thursday, February 25, 2016

Born with a Curse

A pit in my stomach begins to form,
As words replay across my eyelids.
Words I've read for years ,
Words I've heard,
Words I've spoken...
Words I've kept tucked away in a beautiful little locket in the corner of my cluttered mind.

My heart begins to ache,
I fear the inevitable,
But it is what I deserve.

I was born into the life of a succubus.
Draining people's lives, from the love and passion they willingly give.
I was born with a curse,
Eyes set to kill,
A heart set to steal.

I dance with my memories,
Sing with my demons,
Make love to my hopes and dreams...
While accidentally, but knowingly stripping the comfort and confidence of another.

I will always whisper to the wind,
I will always look to the stars and fall in love with the winter moon.
I will always be one with the earth, and fall into her freeingly, warm embrace.

For connections cannot be broken,
They can only be pushed aside.
And I've accepted our demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment