Thursday, February 11, 2016

Searching for Certainty

I sit at a desk made of glass,
Transparent, yet reflective.
Rays push through the clouds with struggle,
and light appears.

Artificial warmth penetrates my clothing,
I am wrapped in soft, loose, cotton.

The skyline before me is comprised of rooftops and branches.
A single mountain in the distance with a parallel top.
They seem to be frozen still,
begging that Spring comes soon.
So that life can restart,
 so that harmony can be sung.

Shadows dancing in the vague sunlight,
I've pushed off my travel, for uncertainty strikes.
But uncertainty always seems to be certain.
So I will search the skies today,
For an answer,
A destination, and a
Date.

To sip coffee in the warmth,
To bask in the sunlight,
Surrounded by clay mountains,
and the good company of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment