Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Twenty Minutes

What to write,
I shall not see,
Shall not feel,
Shall not question.
Just letting words pour onto pages,
Staining them with truth,
Darker than a coffee stain on a fresh white button down.

Let it spill out.
Tonight,
I was reading,
The words of another.
Holding lined paper,
Bound by spiral wire.

Tenaciously drawn in,
I couldn't help but smile.
Words from a time where you were so wrapped in happiness,
A time that I didn't know you,
A time where it seemed like your soul sang.

But now,
You are lost.
I see glimpses of your happiness.
Those moments I grasp onto,
Hold onto, and will cherish for all eternity.

Why can't you see your worth?
Your truly, gorgeous, undying worth?
You are the sunrise in the morning,
You are the shadow of the clouds as they roll in for a summer storm.
The glistening of water on the pavement as the rain falls.

We have but one life to live,
So why not live it to the fullest?
Why not make mistakes so we can learn?
Why not try new things?
Why not jump...
And take the chance...
To see if we can fly?

A connection,
As our eyes met tonight.
You felt safe,
You let me read into your soul.
So why not breed your soul's desires and emerge from the shadows of the now?

Give back to yourself.
Honor yourself.
Your happiness should be eternally dancing in the rain,
With the warmest of smiles across your face.

My love for your is deep,
A starlit connection drives me so passionately towards your happiness,
That I cannot remain quiet,
And maybe that is one of my faults...
But why should I remain silent,
When a friendship built on love,
On Trust,
On Honesty
Is burning like a flame...
Let me be your rock,
Let me listen to the words that you whisper to the wind.

Share with me what you've held back,
Open yourself to a friendship, like none other.
You have come so close,
But I can sense that you are still so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment