Tuesday, April 12, 2016

First Thought Wrong

"Ugh, this rain"
Wrong.
"This rain is beautiful" I whisper as I turn my chin to the sky,
The rain is pouring hard, but feels gentle on my face.
My eyes are closed.
I lick my lips to taste what nature has given me to drink.
I smile.
The rain is sweet,
It fills my soul with joy.

As it continues, I start my day.
Grey skies, but I enjoy the sound of music being played by the downpour on my windshield.

"This traffic is horrendous"
Wrong.
"I hope somebody isn't hurt..." I send my thoughts and light to the victims of the accident that has had me sitting in the same spot for over an hour now...

I am safe,
I am healthy,
And I love the sound of rain that is keeping me company on this dark morning.

The roads are slick,
They reflect like a mirror,
Red lights surround me.
In park my car remains,
"Let them be OK" I whisper,
As I roll down my window,
And stick my arm out to feel this April rain.
So beautifully imperfect,
It falls.
My arm glistens,
As I listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment