Friday, April 29, 2016

Searching for Moonlight

Numbness overwhelms my sense of being.
A sensory deprivation crave,
Voice shot from screaming in the night,
Terrors consume my fragile mind.
Driving, but not aware,
The safest, unsafe action.

Inhaling deep,
But tattered.
I can't help but crave the night,
Where my eyes are closed,
My muscles release,
And my mind wanders to a land full of false hope and promises.

Have you ever been here?
Have we all?
Falling deeper into the oblivion we know as Life?

What comes from a rainstorm,
What comes from lightning striking a tree to her core?
Is it like when lightning strikes sand on a desolate beach?
Beautiful glass created?
Transparent, yet imperfect?

I wish I could be,
On that island,
Of pink sand,
From sunrise to sunset,
Wandering barefoot in a mindful state,
Rather, here I am.
Floating and lost, among stars...
Searching for moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment