Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dear Sanity,

City street lights, flashing by
like candy coated memories.
Tasting sweet, lullabies weak... only in my way.
Knots and acid aching my lungs,
while breathing is tattered and slowing.
Moments of sheer bliss, perpetuate eternal ignorance.

Ambiguity taints my mindset while annulling my calmness.
Breaking free lets my mind sink, soak, and sip the thick syrup of the orchard.
Sickening sounds of thunder crash in my mind's wavelengths.
Stillness is upon us now.
Brutality murders the once loved memories, coated in sweet caramelized sugar.

Here.
Here we are in a world so chilling, revealing, and lustful,
while hanging onto our loveless denials.
Clarity is where I find myself, for only in one particular place,
and a scattering of moments.

Dear sanity...
Sink your teeth into my beloved, grip tightly onto cotton candy clouds.
Suck life out of bliss, and breathe death into eternal falsities.
Hold tightly onto all that is left of crashing waves on a powdered sugar shore,
for what is left is merely a mirage...

No comments:

Post a Comment