Saturday, April 28, 2012

Drink Me*

Caught myself doing it again,
thinking.
dreaming.
scolding myself.

I can only wonder,
I can only hope-
do you see me through the looking glass?
Can you see my scars, my life, my hopes and dreams?

A bottle reads "drink me"
so do you take a sip?
A sip of me?  A sip of life?
Would you take a sip again, from this beautiful crystal bottle of poison?

A pill says "eat me"
So do you eat it?
To remember? to forget...
Do you ingest all that you once were
all that we once had?

Will you grow or shrink in this world of Alice?
have you learned from the Mad Hatter, or fallen to the stain in Alice's eyes?

Have you tripped in this game of Hearts,
or won in the game of cards?

Alice is crazy, mad and lost.
...but "We are all mad here."

Would you do it all again?
Drink the poison, eat the pill?

Do you dream of it like Alice?
Hoping to fall back into Wonderland?

I really miss my Wonderland...

No comments:

Post a Comment