Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Cotton Candy Skies

I sit here,
Car filling with man made heat;
And in front of me... A sky of cotton candy
The colors are changing every second, and I wish to float among the clouds.
Pinks fade to purples,
Deep purples to pale lilacs...
And in front of me, a burning orange quickly rises.
An appetizer for an inviting day to admire the sky.

The sky has always mesmerized me.
She is so beautiful, she seems so close...
So warm and inviting.
Her emotions are worn on her sleeve.
She is bright with joy, and dark with rage,
While shedding rainbows after a rough night.
She is so distant but seems so close,
She is so intangible, but appears to be in my grasp.
She engulfs my heart.

For this moment, and many more to come,
I am lost in her beauty.
Forever lost in her allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment