Thursday, October 15, 2015

Seeking Darkness

So many synthetic lights surround me this morning.
I want to be left alone with the setting moon and the rising sun.
Why must the world we live in thrive on control?
Why not just let the natural be?

I try to find the darkest,
Most naturally lit place,
But I am lost in a sea of fluorescents.

Tonight will be a night that I explore
On my own,
Follow the stars,
And regain some peace.
It is so easy to lose control
When it's constantly passed from one hand to another
Back and forth
Hotter than ever.

The woods,
A forest,
A lake.
Surrounded by trees and maybe a man made building from over a century ago.
A castle.
I'll lay in the grass,
Under the stars,
And peer through the clouds...
Seeking my portal,
To my far away realm.
A place where fantasy thrives
And theives steal hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment