Friday, October 9, 2015

Empty Skies

Today I woke up with a sense of peace,
And a smidge of loss.
I looked into the dark sky.
The moon was starting to fall asleep,
And the sun was nowhere in sight.

I got out of bed and stretched ,
Barefoot, and still nude from last night, I tip-toed down my dark stairwell in need of Fall flavored coffee.

I looked down at my bare body,
Something I've struggled with a lifetime.
I swore today would be different.
But it wasn't.

I stepped into the steam of a hot shower,
And somehow knew the sun wouldn't shine today, but I was hopeful.

After my face was made, my hair was pulled back,
And my feet crammed into heels,
I went out on my roof, to dissolve in the sun...
She was still misisng from the dark morning sky.


But it is raining now,
The clouds fill the sky.
But somehow I feel the sunshine in each raindrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment