Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Empty Surprises

Surrounded by rolling hills,
On my journey in or out.
The sky is painted different each time,
Like a brand new canvas was placed overnight.
Colors of Blue, and pastel pink,
With textures of suede and silk.

I nearly forget the drive,
As I'm engulfed in nature's beauty.
So simple, never trying,
Just existing.

I'm excited by a breeze,
By rain drops on my face.
I love the tease of a summer storm,
And the taste of a winter snowfall.

I inhale the morning, like speed.
It courses through my veins like the sweetest heroin.
But pure my blood remains.

The high on the beauty that surrounds us
Is never dying,
Is only growing,
Is always changing.
How simply exciting.

I taste liquor on my lips from
A night passed.
Poison poised in my soul.
She is dressed in lace and leather.
Tempting, and ravenous.

She dances with me in the dew covered,
Fall grass.
Under the morning Fall moon.
And we sing to the sun as she wakes for her day.

Graciously,
Patiently,
Waiting her empty surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment