Monday, October 5, 2015

Five In The Morning

Five in the morning,
And I'm woken by the chill of the autmn breeze, rushing through my window
And over my bare skin.

Although, shocking,
I smile.
Eyes still closed, I then hear a sound of bells chiming,
And cats meows.

It's time to start my day.
This week will be successful.
I will complete it,
Unlike the last three.

I pull the covers up to my chin and take in the last bit of heat, before I expose my skin
To the crisp, cold - that now fills my apartment.

I take three deep breaths,
And on the exhale, I whisper three things I am grateful for.
The only way to start a day.

Stretching,
I slowly get out of bed, and tiptoe down my stairs.
The aroma of coffee and warmth will soon fill my kitchen.
The day has officially began.

No comments:

Post a Comment